Most state archaeologists have college or university degrees in anthropology, archaeology, history, environmental sciences and even Classics! A person with a bachelor's degree and field experience can usually obtain work as field crew, while supervisory positions in government agencies, museums, consulting firms, and teaching positions require a Masters or Doctoral degree.

Employment Resources

Here are a few sites to visit if you are looking for a job in anthropology or archaeology, or if you are curious about what kinds of jobs are available.