Deparment of Classics
410 Blegen Library
PO Box 210226
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0226
Phone | (513) 556-2584
Fax | (513) 556-4366
W. Flint Dibble
Flint Dibble is a PhD student at UC specializing in Classical Archaeology. He is interested in the topics of food practices, urbanization, the relationship of movable finds to excavated or architectural space, and applying modern technology and scientific methods to the practice of archaeology. Flint has participated in multiple field projects spanning the Paleolithic through the Byzantine period in the countries of Albania, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Ukraine. Finally, he is the reigning champion of the departmental croquet tournament, the annual Dikaiopolis Classics.
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2004 (Classics).
- M.A., University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 2010 (Classical Archaeology).
Presentations & Lectures
- Magic, Drugs, and Magic Drugs: An Analysis of Wormwood within the Greek Magical Papyri. From Sumer to Caesar, Hebrew Union College. 04/20/2010.
- Religious Practice and Local Identity within Pausanias’ Periegesis. CAMWS, Minneapolis, MN. 04/02/2009.
Honors & Awards
- Marion Rawson Memorial Fellowship, .
- Niarchos Fellowship, .
Experience & Service
- 15-CLAS-238 GRK LAT ELE MEDTECH Greek and Latin Elements in Medical Terminology.